[mapguide-users] Make a new operation: "calculate minimum path"

Ryan Northcott rnorthcott at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 09:56:54 EST 2009

Sounds like more of a Math problem. Which amazingly, computers can do math
better than anything else.

Take a look here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/ux62418642458410/fulltext.pdf

the resources in the back, and the theory is what you'll have to take from
it to build your own shortest distance routes against your datasets.

But you're going to probably be doing a lot of looping, and array
building different routes, and if any valid route grows longer than your
current route, you end the loop, and go build a new route until you'r out of
route choices.

That's my 2 cents into how I'd tackle it, but there is probably more
sophisticated mathematical algorithms you need to look into.

-north