[mapguide-users] Make a new operation: "calculate shortest path" (Dijkstra's algorithm)

Sergio Nistal Calvo serginistal at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:48:46 EST 2009

I know I have to apply the Dijkstra algorithm (http://en.giswiki.net/wiki/Dijkstra's_algorithm), but what I don´t know is how to pass just a layer as map (the layer of roads) and not the whole map, how to pass the point of origin and point of destiny to calculate the shortest path, how to calculate the sum of length of shortest path, how to select the different sections of the shortest path ... in ultimately, I do not know how to implement this operation. It is possible that this operation someone has already done, so that, can someone pass me the code so I can adapt it to mine? Also, I saw this post and I don´t know if it already has answer http://n2.nabble.com/Dijkstra's-algorithm-td1818808.html, if the person who created the post was able to use these dll's http://pgrouting.postlbs.org. Thank you very much.