[mapguide-users] Concatenate geographic and non-geographic data

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Mon Mar 9 16:20:46 EDT 2009

First of all I'm changing the thread name as this is completely unrelated to the previous heading.

There are 2 options that come to mind:

1)      Create views in your database. What is your database platform?

2)      Try to connect to your non-geographic tables using an ODBC connection assuming you have a driver that works with your database and you can figure out how to set the DSN or create a connection string that works. Once you have the ODBC connection working in MapGuide you can attempt to Join the OGR connection to the ODBC connection. I suspect this is going to cause you all kinds of grief depending your OS and the database platforms and whether or not the OGR provider supports joins...(I honestly don't know).

If you don't have a copy of MG Studio, I'm not sure how easy this is in Maestro.

Regards,
Dave