[mapguide-users] Load Layer Definition XML

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Mar 9 20:16:15 EDT 2009

That depends on what kind of connection you are using.
If you are using the LocalNativeConnection, you are wrapping the
Mg API, with a higher level abstraction.

When using the LocalNativeConnection, the MaestroAPI is calling the
same dll functions as you would normally do.
So yes, the two fragments of code offer the same functionality.
You don't have to use the above one, if you are using the MaestroAPI,
but if there is a function that is missing in the MaestroAPI, you can
use both with no problems.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S