[mapguide-users] Load AutoCAD Map 3D DWG file

mkaram84 mkaram84 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 03:49:17 EDT 2009

Hi
We have an AutoCAD Map 3D DWG file which its layers have blocks. The blocks
are linked to an Oracle Database 10g R2 by two link templates: "MG_ID" and
"MG_Name".

When we try to load the DWG file into Mapguide Enterprise 2009 through
Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009, the loading is done successfully with one
problem that I can't see the link templates in the Feature Data.
I tried to publish the DWG to MapGuide Enterprise 2009 from AutoCAD Map 3D
2009, and it has the same effect that i can't see the link templates in the
Feature Data.
I tried to export the Layers to SDF from Map 3D 2006 and I can successfully
export to SDF with the two link templates, but when I tried to load this SDF
into Studio 2009 it doesn't load any symbols or blocks (just a Point Layer)

My problem here: I need to load the DWG Layers with its two link templates
and also the symbols (blocks) into MapGuide Studio 2009.

Your help will be appreciated
Thanks & Regards