[mapguide-users] How to invoke URL?

Ryan Northcott rnorthcott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:39:10 EDT 2009

To repeat the above, the URL activated for Feature option will not work on
Fusion layouts. Use a regular Layout.

You would need to put in a value from your feature data into the URL
activated expression.Build an expression like
concat('/app/DataPullPage.aspx?date=', ToDate ( "AddedDate" ) )

where
app os the virtual directory or application directory on your web-server
and DataPullPage.aspx (or .php) is the page you want data to show in the
task panel.
and AddedDate is a Date field in your feature attribute table of the data
you are displaying.

When you move you mouse over, there should be a yellow tool-tip saying press
Cntrl+Click to open URL for this feature.
If a user does that, the parameter is passed to your page with the value
from your attribute table. You make the page then spit out whatever you need
it to based on what you want your program to do with the feature.

Pulling data out of a selected set is a bit labor intensive, and requires
some good javaScript understanding. But Do-able.

Good Luck