[mapguide-users] Layer's selection Problem

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Tue Mar 17 13:00:43 EDT 2009

You do not confirm one more thing:

Did you check that your map using same coordinate system as records SRID?

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2492571/nabble.png

padmini godavarthi wrote:

> [...]
>  PROP_IMG                                           BLOB
>  AREA                                               NUMBER(38,8)
>
> 1) Here Shape is the spatial column and PROP_ID is unique int his table
> 2) i have a spatial index for the shape column
> 3) and in this shape column srid is 32643 for all the shapes
> 4) and the layer is checked as selectable
> 5) iam not using views . i have taken a table for displaying map
>
> But the problem is same .iam unable to select the layer on the viewer
> and the layer length came as '0'.iam unable to get
> it.
> iam sending my screen shot
> can u plz tell me the solution
>

>  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2489737/map.jpeg
>

>  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2489737/map1.jpeg
>
> Regards,
> Padmini.
>

> miansi wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sorry for late responce.
>>
>> Everything should work. You have to check few things:
>>
>> 1. You have to have UNIQUE NON CLUSTERED INDEX on PointID column
>> 2. You have to have Spatial INDEX on Point column
>> 3. Map also have to use SRID 4326 (WGS 84)
>> 4. Check on the Map that layer marked as selectable - it is not by
>> default
>> 5. If you using Views - No JOINS - it is confirmed bug. As soon as you
>> introduce JOINS in Views - you will loose selection functionality
>>

>> It should work,
>>
>> Andrei
>>

>> aniliht wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm also using a sql server 2008 and have 2 simple tables as follows:
>>>
>>> Drawing
>>> - DrawingID (PK, int, not null)
>>> - DrawingName (varchar(50))
>>>
>>> Point
>>> - PointID (PK, int, not null)
>>> - DrawingID (FK, int, not null)
>>> - Name (varchar(50))
>>> - Point (geography, not null)
>>>
>>> There is one row in each table,  the geography instance is in SRID 4326
>>> (WGS 84).  The item displays properly but I can't select it no matter
>>> what.
>>>
>>> I'm using the windows install of Mapguide 2.0.2:
>>> MgServerSetup-2.0.2.3011.exe.  It did not have the SQL Server Spatial
>>> provider bundled.  So I installed the
>>> fdosqlserverspatial-3.3.0_win32.tar.gz which is SQL Server Spatial BETA
>>> 1.  I chose this because the dll version of the bundled FDO.dll that the
>>> MgServerSetup installed was 3.3.0.3901.
>>>
>>> Do you know if the BETA 1 version of the SQL Server Spatial provider
>>> doesn't support selection on layers?
>>>
>>> What version of MapGuide, FDO, SQL Server Spatial Provider releases work
>>> to be able to select points on a SQL layer?
>>>
>>> Is it ok to install the latest version of FDO (which is 3.3.2) into the
>>> C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Bin\FDO directory,
>>> overwritting the contents that the MgServerSetup placed?
>>>
>>> The release notes for MG 2.0.2 says: "MGOS 2.0.2 is compatible with FDO
>>> 3.3.1 but the version packaged with the installers is actually a newer
>>> version."  But the version of FDO in the Bin directory appears to be