[mapguide-users] Lack of Coordinate Systems

Ryan Foster rfoster at arroyogrande.org
Mon Mar 23 12:39:57 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have installed Mapguide 2.0.2 with FDO 3.3.1 (SDF, SHP, WFS, WMS,
GDAL, OGR, PostGIS) on an Ubuntu server (8.04); however, I am having a
problem with the coordinate systems.  Specifically, 'enumerating
categories' only shows arbitrary x-y coordinate systems.  I've looked
through the mailing list archives and it would seem that the problem is
that the application is not picking up 'categories.txt'.  I have placed
this file in both the 'data' and 'nad' directories and restarted both
Apache and the Mapguide daemon without success...any pointers on how to
solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan Foster
Associate Planner / IT Technician
City of Arroyo Grande
(805) 473-5420