[mapguide-users] Using the MapAgent directly to create map images.

TravisBrannon tbrannon at geotechsystems.com
Mon Mar 30 09:28:07 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

Can someone out there please tell me when using the MapAgent directly (as I am developing my own viewer) when should I use GETMAPIMAGE and GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE?  Is there a conceptual difference here?  And if so, please explain what that difference is?  I notice that the Ajax Viewer seems to consistently use the GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE method?  Yet I am having issues with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis