[mapguide-users] Need help to set up raster

Darren Karasiuk darren.karasiuk at aldatasoftware.com
Wed May 6 15:49:59 EDT 2009

Hi, thanks for your response. I can't make much sense out of what to do
still.

I researched a bit of WKT and am still unsure of how to implement this.
Does Map Guide Studio 2009 allow manually editing the coordinate system?
Using Maestro I found I could enter WKT, but again, I don't understand the
formatting.

Is there a tool for generating WKT?

This seems to have a high learning curve!

The data I have for one .TIFF is this:

Spatial Reference Information
-----------------------------
Horizontal Coordinate System Definition:
Geographic:
Latitude Resolution: 0.0000001
Longitude Resolution: 0.0000001
Geographic Coordinate Units: Decimal degrees
Geodetic Model:
Horizontal Datum Name: North American Datum of 1983
Ellipsoid Name: Geodetic Reference System 80
Semi-major Axis: 6378137
Denominator of Flattening Ratio: 298.257222101
Vertical Coordinate System Definition:
Altitude System Definition:
Altitude Datum Name: CGVD28 (Canadian Geodetic Vertical Datum 1928)
Altitude Resolution: 1
Altitude Distance Units: feet
Altitude Encoding Method: Attribute values

Bounding Coordinates:
West Bounding Coordinate: -108.5
East Bounding Coordinate: -108
North Bounding Coordinate: 54.25
South Bounding Coordinate: 54

Would I define central_meridian = -108.25?
Would latitude_of_origin = 54.125?
What about PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.0000001]?