[mapguide-users] Need help to set up raster

Darren Karasiuk darren.karasiuk at aldatasoftware.com
Thu May 7 17:02:18 EDT 2009

Thanks for your help! That website is good to know about.

I was unable to get the TIFFs to work using UTM (and meters). The layer
would show the image, but it wouldn't convert to the map's projection at
all.
After getting the TIFFs in degrees instead of meters, the projection worked
fine and everything is within the stated degree of error.

Using Maestro, I can load rasters individually and add them to the map,
however, using the composition fails.

Error: Failed to stylize layer: Saskatchewan-layer
        Raster transformation is not supported.
        The coordinate system (XY-M) of layer Saskatchewan-layer cannot be
different than the coordinate system (EPSG:4326) of the map.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 786 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\map
ping\MappingUtil.cpp	Failed to stylize layer: Saskatchewan-layer
Raster transformation is not supported.
The coordinate system (XY-M) of layer Saskatchewan-layer cannot be different
than the coordinate system (EPSG:4326) of the map.

>From this error, you can see the coordinate system is the default unknown of
XY-M even after I specify the correct projection.
After digging around, it looks like MGOS 2.1 will have this problem solved.
Do you know of any other workaround?

Darren Karasiuk