[mapguide-users] AJAX/FUSION Viewer :: Pass data from Flash to Map (2 Frames)

briancomeau brian.comeau at accenture.com
Fri May 15 12:27:11 EDT 2009

Ok, so I found Invoke URL under advanced commands as part of a Web Layout.
This looks like it can configure a button to do something. How can I have
this execute as soon as the user clicks (selects) an object on any layer.

For example, in 6.5, I could have a map and as soon as the user selects
Texas, 'TX' is passed to Flash. If the user were to zoom-in and click on
'Dallas', then 'Dallas' is passed to Flash.

How do I do this? I haven't found very many tutorials out there on this
software. If any of you kind-hearted souls out there wouldn't mind helping,
that would be fantastic.

Oh, I looked at passData, but even after changing the layer to
'VotingDistricts' (my layer instead of Rooms) it still doesn't work.

Thanks,
Brian