[mapguide-users] AJAX/FUSION Viewer :: Pass data from Flash to Map (2 Frames)

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Fri May 15 13:41:18 EDT 2009

This will require adding a JavaScript function to the page and hooking it into the selection-changed event. I'd start with "Hooking to events in the AJAX viewer" <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/JavaScript/AJAXViewerEventHooking> and the "MapGuide Viewer API Reference" <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/2.0/viewerapi.html>.

> Oh, I looked at passData, but even after changing the layer to
> 'VotingDistricts' (my layer instead of Rooms) it still doesn't work.

There are several parameters that will need to be configured in the invoke-url dialog in order to make this work, and of course you must have a page to forward the data to.

I'll admit that the change from MapGuide 6.5 to MapGuide Enterprise is a difficult one; there is much to learn about the new architecture -- it is a dramatically different set of technologies than the old one. Much more of the processing happens server-side now.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.