[mapguide-users] Pregenarate MapGuide Tiles

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue May 19 03:00:37 EDT 2009

To generate tiles, do the following.

1) Open the map
2) Click the "Baselayer Groups" tab
3) Click on the "Finite Display Scales" item in the list
4) Set up the desired scales and save the map
5) Click the "MgCooker" icon (to the far right on the toolbar)
6) Select what groups and levels you want
7) Click "Build tiles now"

You may skip step 3+4 if you already have the map setup.
You can look at the sample in the Sheboygan package to see how it looks
when it is set up.
MgCooker is fairly new and you must use the latest preview release of
Maestro, or it won't be there.
Also, as MgCooker is new, there are a number of bugs:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Maestro&summary=~MgCooker&order=priority

I have fixed all these bugs (twice actually) but not yet committed them.
I will commit them soon and put up a new preview release when I have
some spare time.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Matteo skrev:
> Hi Zac,
>  how I can pregenerate tiles with Maestro? I find a "Generate" button on
> interface but it overwrite only the scale that I set.
> Regards
> Matteo
>

> zspitzer wrote:
>
>> you have two options, one is my openlayers javascript tile seeder
>> and the other is the mg cooker tiler tool built into maestro
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/Tiles/TileCacheSeeding
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro

>> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Matteo <matteo.conte1979 at libero.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>  I need to pre-generate tiles from mapguide 2.0.2 maps to increase
>>> Mapguide
>>> speed. Is possible? If yes how? Another things: how I can set IIS 5 or 6