[mapguide-users] Buffer Creation

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue May 19 03:11:03 EDT 2009

Yes, it is possible.

When creating the buffer layer you can add extra columns to the SDF
(you can't use the built-in buffer function, but you can "copy" the code).
In the extra column, you can store the ID or any extra properties that
you like.
You can even create all the columns from the original item, and store
all its properties if you like.

To select the item you must update the MgSelection object on the Runtime
map, and pass in the ID
from the buffer layer object, then refresh the client map.

To select gradient styles, you can alter the LayerDefinition template
that you apply to the buffer layer
(again, you must buffer manually and not use the built-in method).
The easiest way to set up the layer template, is to make the layer as it
should appear in
Studio or Maestro, and then save the xml.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S