[mapguide-users] Minimum install to use PHP/AJAX maps on Windows servers

shepwaydistrictcouncil neil.thompson at shepway.gov.uk
Tue May 19 03:12:26 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm a systems developer for a UK Local Authority who would love to use MGOS
on their website.

I've set up MGOS Server as well as all the examples and we have Studio9
working fine creating our layers etc but what I need is to find out the
answers to some simple newbie questions so I'm hoping you guru's can assist
please.

1) I run two servers 1 is the website and the other being an application
server (currently running MapGuide 6.5 via Tomcat), With MGOS installed on
my application server can I place the PHP files on my normal webserver still
or does the entire install have to be on 1 server. (I currently pass traffic
to tomcat serving MapGuide via Apaches JK connectors invisibly)

2) I also need to start with a real basic PHP example, so something with
layers, menu, zoom and map but obviously as it's a live environment dont
want to have all the folders accessible as they appear to be now, what is
the best way to narrow down what I would need, for example do I need the
fusion, schemareport, mapagent, stdicons and viewerfiles that all seem to be
in the packaged web root directory

Many thanks for any assistance. We always share our code back into the OS
arena so if you guys can get us on our feet we will gladly push back all
examples and code once running and promote the use of MGOS to all the UK
Local Authorities.

Kind regards
Neil