[mapguide-users] Allow access to different layers based on login

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed May 20 02:06:21 EDT 2009

are there relevant bugs in trac? i had a quick browse but couldn't find any

can we add a security component to trac?

(wish we could assign multiple components to a single issue and
making the field headers like components a hyperlink to all issues
for that component, but I'm just a spoilt old jira junkie)

also related is allowing ldap for user auth and getting rid of the stupid
case sensitive usernames, using XML has quite a few drawbacks

there's a swag of security related items here aren't there? definitely
need an RFC

I reckon autodesk's commercial customers would love this too
and it probably is a show stopper for a lot of larger companies evaluating MG

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> I don't see a lot of use for a login UI without also fixing the MapGuide security model and improving the way it deals with users accessing maps which contain resources they don't have permissions to.  It's a fairly large can of worms...
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any resources (development time, money) to throw at a problem this size, and I don't feel comfortable writing an RFC without being able to follow through on it.
>
> Jason

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168