[mapguide-users] Maestro Login issue

Beluga jdsalimi at yahoo.ca
Thu May 21 17:49:59 EDT 2009

I am trying to run MapGuide Open Source on Vista Ultimate.

I have successfully installed Apache 2.2.11 (saved to C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation), PHP 5.2.9-2 (saved to C:\php), and
MapGuide Maestro (saved to C:\Program Files\HexaD\MapGuide Maestro).

I know that Apache is working because it is displaying the "It Works!" page
after entering "http://localhost/" in to my web browser.

I also believe that I  installed MapGuide Open Source (just followed the
setup wizard...) using MgServerSetup-2.0.2.3011.exe. By default it created
the following directory: C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server (I
don't see it in my list of programs from the start menu though. Normal?).

Where I have come to a stop is with the following instructions (taken
straight from the Maestro userguide):

When you start MapGuide Maestro for the first time, you will meet the login
screen:

In the server name field, you must enter the url to the server.
If you use the default installation bundled with Apache, you must use the
following URL:
http://localhost:8080/mapguide/

If you use an IIS based installation, or a regular Apache server, you must
use the following URL:
http://localhost/mapguide/

So after entering the information above (using
http://localhost:8080/mapguide/) in the server name field, I received the
following error message:

"Failed to log on because: Failed to connect, please check network
connection and login information. Extended error info: Failed to connect,
perhaps session is expired? Extended error info: Unable to connect to the
remote server".

I also tried replacing /localhost/ with /localhost:8080/ and
/localhost:8008/ but I received the same error. I even tried to turn off my
firewall but nada.

Do you guys have any idea what this means? My only guess is that localhost
points to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ and
"mapguide" is not a subfolder of that directory. As I described above,
mapguide was
automatically saved in C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.