[mapguide-users] map layer points created from odbc connection not changing?

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Thu May 21 18:08:38 EDT 2009

MapGuide captures the list of tables available at the time the feature source was created. You then build your layers based on those tables. The data is read dynamically from the tables at the time the layer is viewed in the map.

The only thing that isn't dynamic is the list of tables. If you came along to build a new layer, the table list is a point in time capture. You would have to open, edit and save the feature source to pick up new tables so that you can build new layers based on those tables.

If you aren't seeing new data points show up while viewing the map then something else is wrong. MapGuide doesn't cache the data. Are the transactions adding new points to the database committed by the other application?

Dave