[mapguide-users] file clash with ACE.dll

Gary Morin gary.morin at keynetix.com
Thu May 28 04:50:39 EDT 2009

I have noticed a problem with an application we are developing using
MapGuide, we often get an error while trying to invoke MapGuide commands.
In tracing the problem down, it seems there is a clash of file names
between ACE.dll in MapGuide and  ACE.dll in Verity used by Cold fusion. So
if the C:\CFusionMX7\verity\k2\_nti40\bin is added to the environmental
path  before the MapGuide bin directory, serious problems occur when
trying to use the MapGuide API.

By putting the MapGuide Bin first, MapGuide and our application works, but
I don't know what errors it will cause in Cold Fusion,  are there any
other workarounds?

Many of our client still run with Coldfusion and MapGuide 6.5 so this will
be a common problem.

Thanks

Gary

Keynetix Ltd