[mapguide-users] Add a layer from a shape file (.shp) - MapGuide

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Thu May 28 11:26:08 EDT 2009

Hi Andy,
that is exactly what I suggested to a customer - try Maestro.

What I had to do if enable people to upload SHP files into a folder, then I
use the API to look into the directly and harvest the spatial/attribute data
and put in into Oracle XE - I require some standards in the DBF column names
and Coordinate System, and it's really restrictive.

I like the Ad hoc method, but this way keep the data very clean.

gordon