[mapguide-users] Porting .net application to Redhat Enterprise 5.0 box

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Nov 3 03:41:45 EST 2009

I would expect a rough journey :)

.Net on Apache is not supported by MapGuide, so you would need to set up
everything by hand.
Instead, I would recommend installing the PHP version of the AJAX
viewer, which works with Apache.
This installation should have all the .so files that match the .dll
files on windows (except MapGuideDotNetApi.dll).

For your own application (in .Net), you need to make sure that you only
use features that
are avalible with Mono. You should then be able to reference the
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll as usual
and Mono will load the .so libraries instead of the .dll libraries.
(Just use the MapGuideDotNetApi.dll from your windows machine).

There should be no issues with using a .Net application towards a PHP
MapGuide,
except that files are names .php instead of .aspx.

I have not tried this setup myself, so I can only wish you good luck!

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S