[mapguide-users] totally new to MG

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Nov 9 06:40:57 EST 2009

If you read up on the samples for the Maestro API, you should notice a
redirect (last line):
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/samples/AddInitialLayer

The redirect looks like this:

Response.Redirect("/mapguide/ajaxviewer/?LAYOUT=" & Server.UrlEncode(tempWebLayout) & "&SESSION=" &  Server.UrlEncode(con.SessionID), true)

For this to work, simply set the tempWebLayout variable to point at your
map.

You don't need the SessionID for starters, you can just add:
&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD=

So you get:

Response.Redirect("/mapguide/ajaxviewer/?LAYOUT=" & Server.UrlEncode(tempWebLayout) & "&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD=", true)

What code is inside the file main.aspx that you mention?

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S