[mapguide-users] GETMAPIMAGE vs GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE and out of memory issue

cagray colin.gray at 1spatial.com
Tue Nov 17 03:44:52 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to generate images by mimicing the calls done in the AJAX map
viewer. I notice that in the ajaxmappane.templ it only ever uses
GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE. I was wondering what the difference was from just
using GETMAPIMAGE?

Also if I try and do images over 1024 by 1024 I always get an out of memory
error returned. Is there any way around this such as a setting in the
server.config? Sometimes I even get an out of memory for 1024 by 1024
depending on the map and have to reduce it do 512 by 512. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Colin