[mapguide-users] GETMAPIMAGE vs GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE and out of memory issue

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Nov 17 03:59:03 EST 2009

GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE only returns the dynamic layers,
where GETMAPIMAGE returns all layers.
If you have no baselayers (aka tiled layers) you will not see any
difference.

I have generated images with over 5000x10000 pixels with no memory issues.

Try adding the clip=1 parameter to the call to see if it makes a difference.

Also, small scales tend to increase memory usage, especially without the
clip parameter.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S