[mapguide-users] how to customize legend fusion widget

Rodolfo Moreno rodolfoamoreno at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:20:45 EST 2009

Hi all, before all I want to mention that this post I will write in the
fusion forum too.
my featureclass just has two fields: spatial and key(int32 type) field. my
application receives a datareader from another application which consists of
keys and values(int or string) in order to do the theming. Then the
applytheme method create a new <AreaRule> element for each feature. As a
result if my featureclass has 100 features then the legend widget shows 100
classes too. It means that the legend could show 100 classes with the same
color and legend label. What I would like to do is that the legend widget
can do the clasification according to the given values by the
server(mapguide).
I was reviewing the legend.js but I don't have a clear idea how and where I
must modify it. the most likely is that I must modify other files (I was
debbuging with firebug).
My main idea is to get the images and values that were sent by the server
and as of it to start to do the classification.
Finally I don't know whether by changing the js files will be enough to
achieve this goal or maybe it's necesary to add .NET(I don't know PHP) code
that interact with the MAPAGENT.fcgi(i.e. GETLEGENDIMAGE and
GETLEGENDLABELS)

any help will be well appreciated,
Regards,

-----