[mapguide-users] wms from other providers

Jo Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:45:15 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I am trying to create a layer from a mapserver wms layer in Mapguide 2.1
with Maestro. I have followed the instructions in the wiki on how to create
a wms layer, and Maestro reports no errors. When I do getcapability and
getmap requests directly in the browser all is fine. However, the layer does
not display in Mapguide. I have enabled debugging in mapserver, and it tells
me that the getmap request is missing "width which is a required parameter.
When I check in my apache access logs I can see the getmap request in full,
and yes, it is missing both width and height parameters.

I understand that making width and height required parameters in mapserver
is quite a recent thing, so how can I ensure that they are sent by mapguide?
I have tried adding them to the server URL for my dataconnection in
mapguide, but while they are included in the getcapabilities request they
are not included in the getmap request.

Thanks

Jo