[mapguide-users] shp2pgsql

Venkat Tammineni ven.tammineni at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:23:56 EDT 2009

Follow the steps,

   set environment varabel for shp2pgsql.ex(i think it is in programme files
->postgresql->bin).so please set enviranment varable for bin folder of above
given path.

and once that done

 open command prompt -> write command as

 and goes to the set the shapefile path and write below command

  shp2pgsql -s  3000 test.shp test > test.sql

3000 will be your SRID
test is your table name which supposed to be insert into your postgresql
database..

then test.sql will be stored  in your setted path(shapefile path).

then run the same sql file from querybuilder in postgresql..

Let me know if you have problems

Regards,

Venkat Tammineni