[mapguide-users] draw a rectangle in the map and drag it (with AJAX viewer)

Peter Scigalla scigalla at battefeld.com
Wed Oct 7 05:15:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

what I want to do:

Draw a rectangle (a print frame) in the map and drag it to the desired
position with the mouse. How can I do it?

What I have done:

1. Digitize a point in the map
2. Calculate the rectangle based on this point-coordinates
3. Save the rectangle in the MySQL database and refresh the map to show it.

It works fine. My problem is the replacing of the rectangle. First I
have to delete it and then digitze a new point. It works, but it is only
a workaround.

Much more convenient would be a behaviour like e.g. in this
(openlayers-)example:

http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/modify-feature.html

How to do something like this in MGOS?

Thanks in advance.