[mapguide-users] Image as a map

oshan icycool at inbox.com
Mon Oct 12 03:39:02 EDT 2009

Hey guys

I want to know if I can use a JPG or PNG imagea as a map? and if so I would
be able to do this?

I tried using mapguide maestro. Add data connection --> Raster and selected
a PNG image in the path to field. I then saved it and chose "preview the
item" at the top but I am unable to see the image?

After that I tried to create a layer using this data:
After creating new layer I imported the previously created data file. It
initially gives a error saying:

"Fail to read schema from data source.
The operation gave the error message: Value Connot be null.
Parameter name: input"

After dismissing the msg by clicking OK I am able do some editing (change
the schema to default)  and save it
But still unable to see the map when clicked on "preview the item"

I am thinking this has something to do with the co-ordinate system?! OR is
there a different way to display images as map?

As always any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks