[mapguide-users] Sorting the search result?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Oct 13 15:18:50 EDT 2009

Unfortunately, the SDF FDO provider does not support ordering.  To determine
which providers support it, you can use the mapagent to look at the provider
capabilities.  Here's an example:

http://YOURSERVER/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GETPROVIDERCAPAB
ILITIES&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&CLIENTAGENT=MapGuide+Developer&PROVIDER=OSGe
o.SDF.3.3&FORMAT=text%2Fxml

Then, look at the SupportsSelectOrdering parameter.  The SHP provider does
not support this, but the ODBC provider does.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
47° 46' N 116° 49' W
www.SpatialGIS.com