[mapguide-users] Fusion and Open layers Coordinate systems

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:37:03 EDT 2009

Scott,

On 2009-10-21, at 12:50 PM, Scott hameister wrote:

> Re: the first question...Am I just stuck Using the Mapguide API to
> transform
> my bounds perhaps?
> Also any clue if OpenLayers is looking to use the CSMAP/mentor
> System in the
> future?

OpenLayers does not have native coordinate system transformation
support (expect for spherical mercator) built in.  It uses an external
library called proj4js which is a port of proj.4 algorithms to
javascript.  AFAIK there is no work being done to create a javascript
version of CSMap, which would be a precursor to being an option for
use with OpenLayers.

> The second Question Was asking How fusion Worked...Non of My Midwest
> County
> Based/NAD 27 State based Maps will work for Google/Bing
> Overlays...Does
> fusion Display the Google/Bing Layers in the Maps Coordinate system?
> Or does
> it project the map into Spherical Mercator to Accomplish the
> overlay...The
> only example Ive been successful with is the LL Sheboygan one...So
> its hard
> for me to tell.

have you looked at http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/MapGuideCommercialOverlays
  ?