[mapguide-users] How to get propertytypes of items in featureclass

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Oct 26 04:25:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to get all the propertytypes of the propertyitems in a feature
class. What is the best way to do this.

I already tried this:

MgClassDefinition classDef =
_featureService.GetClassDefinition(featureSource, schema, featureClass);

MgPropertyDefinitionCollection propertiesDef = classDef.GetProperties();
MgPropertyDefinition propDef = propertiesDef.GetItem(0); // just request one
index for test
short propType = propDef.GetPropertyType();

But propType always seems to have the value 100 (except GeometryColumn:
102). I would except that this propertytype is of type MgPropertyType which
should return the right type. It is the same like in thread
http://n2.nabble.com/Managed-MgPropertyDefinition-GetPropertyType-broken-td1821496.html#a1821496
Managed MgPropertyDefinition.GetPropertyType - broken?
But I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So what other solutions are there to get the right proprtytypes?

Thanks, Gunter