[mapguide-users] Mapguide Site URL

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Tue Sep 1 15:25:16 EDT 2009

Depending on your setup, you could also either make a page with a simple
name that automatically refers you to your mapguide site, or you could
set up a domain name forward to point to the mapguide site, say
mapguide.cityofnorthlasvegas.com....to do the latter, you need a domain
host that will allow webforwards.

Andrew

On 9/1/2009 4:20 PM, Mark Hedges wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I see what you are telling me but,
> I created my entire site without using any of the samples.  I did this in
> order to not clutter my data set.
> With that said do you know the name of the php file I will have to modify in
> my data set?
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Mark
>
> Mark Nichols wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> If you are using PHP, you can do the following:
>>
>> 1.  Download phpviewersample.zip from
>> http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/2.0.x-samples and extract it
>> the Web\www folder.
>>
>> 2.  Modify your ajaxviewersample.php file to reflect your web layout.
>> Here's an example below.
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
>>
>> <?php
>>      include 'utilityfunctions.php';
>>      MgInitializeWebTier($configFilePath);
>>
>>      $site = new MgSite();
>>      $site->Open(new MgUserInformation('Anonymous', ''));
>>
>>      $sessionId = $site->CreateSession();
>>      $webLayout = "Library://Folder/Maps and Layouts/Overview
>> Map.WebLayout";
>> ?>

>> <head>
>>      <title>Viewer Sample Application</title>
>> </head>
>>
>> <frameset rows="50,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
>>      <frame src="title.html?AppName=AJAX" name="TitleFrame" scrolling="NO"
>> noresize>
>>      <frame src="../mapviewerphp/ajaxviewer.php?SESSION=<?php echo
>> $sessionId; ?>&WEBLAYOUT=<?php echo $webLayout; ?>" name="ViewerFrame">
>> </frameset>

>> If you are not using PHP, I would assume you should use the same steps but
>> with either the javaviewersample.zip or dotnetviewersample.zip.\
>>
>> I would be interested to know if anyone is doing it a different way!
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On 9/1/09 11:13 AM, "Mark Hedges"<hedgesm at cityofnorthlasvegas.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> I have finished configuring my Mapguide Enterprise 2010 site.  In order
>>> access the site I have bookmarked the address from the Web Layout under
>>> the
>>> "View in Browser" header.  As you know the URL Address is very long,
>>> (http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library%3a%2f%2fNorth
>>> +Las+Vegas%2fWeb+Layouts%2fNorth+Las+Vegas.WebLayout).
>>> Could someone please explain how I go about changing the site URL Address
>>> make more sense.  Thank you in advance.
>>> Mark

	*Andrew DeMerchant*
*Computer Technologist*
ph.1-877-2GEMTEC x.163
fax 506-453-9470

/GEMTEC Limited <http://www.gemtec.ca>
/191 Doak Road
Fredericton, NB, Canada
E3C 2E6

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorized distribution or disclosure is prohibited.  Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us and delete it and any attachments from your computer system and records.
Ce courriel (y compris  les pièces jointes) est confidentiel et peut être privilégié.  La distribution ou la divulgation non autorisée de ce courriel est interdite.  Sa divulgation à toute personne autre que son destinataire ne constitue pas une renonciation de privilège.  Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser et éliminer ce courriel, ainsi que les pièces jointes, de votre système informatique et de vos dossiers.