[mapguide-users] BaseLayerGroup - rendering and visibility

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Sep 7 02:42:51 EDT 2009

I think you have an incorrect notion of what BaseLayers are.

The idea of a BaseLayer group, is to generate an image square,
either on-request or pre-generated.

If you consider that your group is a static image,
that is stored on the server, there is no way it
can behave like a "regular" layer. You can turn groups
on and off (because a group is an image layer).

If you need the layer to switch on/off you need to use a
regular layer. You can combine regular and BaseLayers.

The BaseLayer tiles are generated from the MapDefinition,
not the runtime map, so you have to change that one.
If you save the MapDefinition, all tiles will be deleted, and you
loose all performance benefits.

The BaseLayers work as regular layers with respect to selection.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S