[mapguide-users] Two Raster Display Questions (Stretching andRemoving Collars)

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Sep 8 21:47:07 EDT 2009

Darren,
Image transparency is a function of the GDAL provider and it is not
supported for images other than PNG as discovered by other users.  I, for
one, hope to see this become a standard feature of both the GDAL and
Autodesk Raster providers for non-bitonal images since it is a very common
need for GIS applications.  The only work-arounds are to convert to PNG, as
mentioned, or mosaic your images together while having the mosaicing
application ignore the null (transparent) pixels and then convert the mosaic
to a compressed format (ecw, MrSID, jpg2000) or to tile the mosaic into
smaller sub-images.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
47° 46' N 116° 49' W