[mapguide-users] Fusion - Session ID invalid because the session separator character was not found

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 10 14:07:48 EDT 2009

The ease of porting scripts from the basic viewer to the fusion viewer can vary substantially depending on what your code does. The underlying web tier API is the same, but the viewer APIs are different. In most cases there are equivalent functions in Fusion, the tricky part is figuring out what they are because the documentation is sparse. There are several people on this mailing list that have experience in porting scripts, and they are probably the best resource for solving any problems you run into.

For the issue of determining the session ID, are you able to capture the request that is being made to your script using Fiddler? The session parameter may be missing, but my suspicion (from looking at the code for the InvokeUrl Fusion widget) is that it is just getting sent in uppercase - so maybe try changing "session" to "SESSION" before digging deeper with Fiddler.

Chris.