[mapguide-users] web studio help!

oshan icycool at inbox.com
Thu Sep 17 02:31:41 EDT 2009

Hi All

I have a few questions about web studio. I tried looking for the answers in
other post but was unable to.

First of all I would like to know if there is any documentation available
regarding web studio other than the help files provided? And also not all
these help files are provided in the mapguide installation (for exmpale when
I click on the link "Upload Data into a new Feature Source" in the help
section of web studio I get file not found)

Secondly when I try to upload .SHP file into the Feature Source I am
prompted for a password. I tried entering Administrator and admin (and
various capitalisation combinations of this) but it doesn't let me through.
What is the correct username/password to use here?

Thirdly when I try to edit the flexible layout I get the msg saying:
"MapGuide Open Source Web Studio does not support editing of this resource"
why is that?

Lastly, I am using the MapGuide Jsp configured version. When I try to edit
some components  Under the preview window it shows that: "The requested URL
/mapguide/mapviewerphp/ajaxviewer.php was not found on this server". It
seams to be trying to use the php viewer instead of JSP. Is it a requirement
to use PHP? and in that case how do I incorporate PHP one together with JSP?
If not how do I tell web studio to use ajaxviewer.jsp?

Please provide some answers to this. I am using mapguide OS 2.0.2