[mapguide-users] web studio help!

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:54:44 EDT 2009

Studio is available for MGOS, you just need to take out a subscription for
mapguide enterprise which bundles studio, which is in effect sponsoring
the bulk of the mapguide / fdo project developers and plus gets you
access to autodesk support...

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
<ks at geograf.dk> wrote:
> WebStudio has not been fully developed, and has not been maintained for
> quite a while.
> It has been removed from the forthcomming 2.1 release due to this.
>
> The only alternative tool is MapGuide Maestro (Studio is no longer avalible
> for MGOS users):
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> oshan skrev:
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have a few questions about web studio. I tried looking for the answers
>> in
>> other post but was unable to.
>>
>> First of all I would like to know if there is any documentation available
>> regarding web studio other than the help files provided? And also not all
>> these help files are provided in the mapguide installation (for exmpale
>> when
>> I click on the link "Upload Data into a new Feature Source" in the help
>> section of web studio I get file not found)
>>
>> Secondly when I try to upload .SHP file into the Feature Source I am
>> prompted for a password. I tried entering Administrator and admin (and
>> various capitalisation combinations of this) but it doesn't let me
>> through.
>> What is the correct username/password to use here?
>>
>> Thirdly when I try to edit the flexible layout I get the msg saying:
>> "MapGuide Open Source Web Studio does not support editing of this
>> resource"
>> why is that?
>>
>> Lastly, I am using the MapGuide Jsp configured version. When I try to edit
>> some components  Under the preview window it shows that: "The requested
>> URL
>> /mapguide/mapviewerphp/ajaxviewer.php was not found on this server". It
>> seams to be trying to use the php viewer instead of JSP. Is it a
>> requirement
>> to use PHP? and in that case how do I incorporate PHP one together with
>> JSP?
>> If not how do I tell web studio to use ajaxviewer.jsp?
>>
>> Please provide some answers to this. I am using mapguide OS 2.0.2

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168