[mapguide-users] mapguide server gets strucks

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:13:43 EDT 2009

see comments inline

>           We are using the mgos2.0 and asp.net 2.0 with iis server 5.1 , we
> are installed mgos in our system (which are server system configuration )

which patch level of mg are you using? 2.0.2?

> when we access the mapguide application from the other systems through LAN
> when we access from the 5th or 6th system parallely the mg server which is

what kinda of maps are u using? dynamic or tiled
how long does it take to load and display a map for just one user?

> installed in our system is strucking maps are not displaying ,what is the
> reason for this? if any body knows please help me , i have the following
> doughts also
> 1)is there any compulsary mgserver should be installed in server system of
> not?

not quite sure what your asking here?

> 2)generally how many concurrent hits can survive through the mapguide server
> open source? is there any difference in opesource and autodesk enterprise
> edition of mapguide in this issue

as per my question above, this stuff always comes down to how quick your
maps respond. A slow map can't be served to many users, whereas a fast
map can. using Tiled maps is much more scalable

there shouldn't be much difference between the OS and Enterprise versions,
which release (2.0, 2.0.2 or 2.1 beta or MGE 09/10) your running will
make much more difference

> if anybody knows please help to me

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com