[mapguide-users] about the databases

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:16:57 EDT 2009

keep in mind mysql is a limited spatial implementation
and it only supports MBR type spatial queries

the sqlLite fdo is rumoured to be much better performance wise
than SHP/SDF especially because you can add non spatial
indexes which sdf/shp do not have

if you using filters on your layers, performance will be better
via a real database server, tho as mentioned above sql lite
should get closer

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:09 PM, T.kiran kumar reddy
<kiranreddy.hcu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Compare to the shp files oracle is working  faster, presently we are
> converting shp to oracle spatial table through the mapbuilder, performence
> is fine in our projects we are working upto the four lakhs records ,i know
> upto this level performence is good.
>
> Srinivas Raparthi wrote:
>>
>> Dear Kiran,
>>
>> Well presently we are working on flat files SHP/SDF for entire North
>> America data and planning to advance flat files to oracle spatial 10g for
>> better performance.
>>
>> Can you let us know the performance using oracle 10g and the data you are
>> working on..
>>
>> Thanks
>> Srinivas Raparthi.
>>

>> T.kiran kumar reddy wrote:
>>>
>>> hi to every one,
>>>        Presently i am using the mgos2.0,maestro r3911 , asp.net2.0,
>>> orcale 10g with spatial support, i want to change to either mysql or
>>> microsoft sequel server or post gre sql server which one is better to
>>> support spatial data or with performence in all other issues , is
>>> spatilal data is supported by all these databases? if any body uses these
>>> databases please tell abuot these data bases performences

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168