[mapguide-users] trouble connecting mapguide maestro postgis

Remco Houtkamp r.houtkamp at burohoutkamp.nl
Mon Sep 21 06:36:51 EDT 2009

Been away for the weekend, so I couldn't continue. This morning I made a newe setup.
Winxp
Mapguide 2.1
Mapguide Maestro
Postgresql 8.4
Postgis 1.4
Same trouble as before with missing libpq.ddl, so I copied this file from the postgresql tot the mapguide FDO folde. Depend.exe showed me that there were some other files missing in the FDO folder so I copied them as wel. After this maestro returen no errors after adding a new connection>postgis>test connection. So I'm as far as I got before.

When I add a layer and try to connect it, I get an error. The error log shows me:
<2009-09-21T05:20:54> 	2200		127.0.0.1	Administrator
 Error: Cannot establish connection.
 StackTrace:
  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpDescribeSchemaAsXml.Execute line 110 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpDescribeSchemaAsXml.cpp
  - MgServerFeatureService.DescribeSchemaAsXml line 333 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerFeatureService.cpp
  - MgServerDescribeSchema.DescribeSchemaAsXml line 628 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
  - MgServerDescribeSchema.DescribeSchema line 564 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
  - MgServerDescribeSchema.DescribeFdoSchema line 196 file c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp

Looking forward to reponds.