[mapguide-users] Create Featuresource

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:50:09 EDT 2009

FDO is the way to go. As Kenneth already mentioned, this approach won't be
portable unless you want to dive into the native C++ API. The Managed FDO
API is only available for Windows.

To do this, you will have to do the following:

FDO side:

1. Create a FDO connection to the desired provider
2. Create and execute an ICreateDataStore command
3. Build your FDO feature schema (similar to MapGuide)
4. Create and execute an IApplySchema command, with the schema you built.

Then it's over to the MapGuide side:

1. Create a new feature source xml document with the same connection
settings
2. Save this into your site repository using MgResourceService.

The MapGuide 2.2 APIs will eventually remove the need to use FDO directly
for some providers (the non-RDBMS ones)

- Jackie