[mapguide-users] RE: Install on Redhat Linux

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Apr 6 05:52:32 EDT 2010

Yes.  I have successfully compiled MapGuide and FDO on Centos 5.4 which is a clone of RedHat 5.  I am in the process of wrapping up Ubuntu .deb packages for the 2.2 release cycle and can make a binary .tar.gz ball available for CentOS 5.  I have not had time (or funding) to pursue RPM packaging for RedHat/CentOS yet.

I am working with on a Google Summer of Code 2010 proposal with a prospective student to address  RPM packaging and native gcc 4.4 compilation.  If the proposal is accepted for funding by GSoC, we should have RPMs available for the next release (MapGuide Open Source 2.3?).

Simon, I will contact you off list to further discuss your immediate requirements.

Regards,
Trevor