[mapguide-users] Re: Viewer API GetLayer() and base layers

Ivan Miličević Ivan.Milicevic at supranet.hr
Wed Apr 21 06:43:23 EDT 2010

Look at this link: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/JavaScript/AJAXViewerEventHooking

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tom Chadwin
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:31 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] Re: Viewer API GetLayer() and base layers

Thanks for that information, Praveen, but I cannot get it to hook onto the
right event properly, and I'm beyond the limit of my Javascript knowledge
here. ajaxmappane.templ has the function RequestMap() which was where I
placed my code, and which worked. However, I can see no corresponding
OnRequestMap onto which I could hook my function. RequestMap always seems to
be called directly, rather than being assigned as a variable, so I cannot
copy it and append my function. Or I might be totally misunderstanding how
this all works.

Can anyone else tell me if there is a way to hook my own function onto the
RequestMap() function without hacking the original function itself?

Thanks

Tom