[mapguide-users] Re: Viewer API GetLayer() and base layers

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed Apr 21 06:52:40 EDT 2010

That's the page Praveen pointed me towards, and which I was trying to use as
a model. However, the two events it shows you how to hook into are the
completion of the loading of the map, and OnSelectionChaged. I need to hook
into RequestMap(), which is a function, not an event of any kind, as far as
my limited understanding tells me.

Unless someone can give me a technique to achieve that, I'll go back to
hacking the original function, and am aware of the problem of losing that
customization when upgrading MapGuide.

One other issue I have is caching of my xmlhttp request. I can work around
this by adding a random parameter to the query, but realize this is a hack.
I am now experimenting with adding cache control headers on the server side.
Does anyone know of the best way to achieve this (fully cross-browser
compatible)?

Thanks

Tom