[mapguide-users] Major problems passing parameters using mapviewerphp

shepwaydistrictcouncil neil.thompson at shepway.gov.uk
Thu Apr 22 04:08:29 EDT 2010

Hi

I work for a District Council in the UK and we're soon to launch our new map
viewer as MGOS (migrating from MG6.5) but I have an issue with passing
parameters.

I've tried the following which do not appear to work even though I've
followed them to the letter so I really need the help of you gurus so we can
go live please.

1)
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/How-to-integrate-the-ZoomToView-function-td4772980.html
2)
http://n2.nabble.com/Passing-variables-into-MGOS-No-Viruses-detected-td1816009.html#a1816014

I initially set up using Map Guide Enterprose 2010 (as our licence had
already purchased this) but we intend to use the MGOS solution completely.
Would the code be different as we loaded our code from the MG 2010 cd?

I'm are using the Ajax Viewer where all appears to be ok and using example
(1)  above works and passed the parameters as they show when using PHP's
error logs but they never get set to the map which simply opens in it's
default state.

I'm using the following WebLayout "Library://maps/Web Map Demo.WebLayout" in
the example (1) code but when looking at the file system (Win) this doesnt
actually exist (yet the map still works?)

Would really appreciate some assistance please as we really awant to push
ahead with MGOS then spread the word!

Thanks in advance
Neil