[mapguide-users] Re: FDO Exception when selecting feature.

DGK kerrcad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:01:07 EDT 2010

Jackie Ng wrote:

> Do you know if FDO is properly detecting the identity properties (primary
> keys)?
>
> If you open that data source with FDO Toolbox, does that show the correct
> properties as identity properties?
>
> - Jackie

Jackie,
I am attempting to respond to your comment about "identity properties"
above.

I downloaded and installed version 0.9.5.1106 - 64bit, however I do not know
what the connection string needs to be and/or what aditional configuration
options are required (Excel 2003).   Can you create one for me from the
following information? ( I tried from the MGES string that worked,
substituting in the file path for MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[Data]%)

MGES original connection string "Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls,
*.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};Dbq=%MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[Data]%/ExcelFile.xls";

Parameters I know:
No user name or password required - left these blank.
Filename: "r:\data\ExcelFile.xls"
Named range (table in file): "NamedRange"
Key Column: "KeyColumn"
Latitude column header: "LatColumn"
Longitude column header: "LonColumn"

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5378087/NewDataConnection.png