[mapguide-users] Re: DWF's display poorly

isca mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 13:10:00 EDT 2010

To me it seems strange there is no more support from Autodesk for a good DWG
implementation in MGE/MGOS. MapGuide 6.5 was handling DWGs fine (perfect
display), you could even make selections on the DWG layer.

In MGE/MGOS it is only possible to convert to either SDF or produce the DWG
as DWF (I never received an answer why it was possible to convert DWG to DWF
with MapGuide Studio 2007 and not anymore with later versions). And even
with DWF the showed image is unacceptable ...
This is very frustrating for customers migrating from Mapguide 6.5 towards
MGE/MGOS, as they are expecting Autodesk can at least support their own DWG
format better than other products can.

But maybe the MGOS forum is not the right place to have this discussion ...