[mapguide-users] Re: FDO Exception when selecting feature.

DGK kerrcad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:40:52 EDT 2010

Jackie Ng wrote:

> Do you know if FDO is properly detecting the identity properties (primary
> keys)?
>
> If you open that data source with FDO Toolbox, does that show the correct
> properties as identity properties?
>
> - Jackie

Jackie and other forum members,

Please accept my profuse apologies for this breach of forum etiquette but
desperation has made me post twice on this topic in one day.   Monday
looms...

I made the connection to the Excel sheet with FDO toolbox.  The key field
(SITE-x20-ID) is not an indentity property.  Today I read your blog about
"Using FDO Schema Overrides" and tried to follow your code examples for SQL
and apply them to the Excel file from which I dumped the xml schema mapping.
I tried editing the file, adding a key element, yet failed as I am woefully
out of my league.

On top of that, I am not sure how to incorporate the configuration file back
into either MGE or the Excel file so it will allow me to select features in
MGE and retrieve their associated data.

I would be deeply in your debt if you could edit the xml file and tell me
how to incorporate it appropriately back in MGE

I have attached the source xcel file and the xml dump from it.  I am trying
to make "SITE-x20-ID" field the indentity properrty.

Many Thanks,
Dan

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5381923/SampleData.xml
SampleData.xml